Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cookies

I have started baking during my secondary school days. Especially during chinese new year that is when you need to bake quantity and varieties. When I started my own family, I continue baking because my children love buttery and cheesy stuffs. I have never thought that my home bake cookies will turn into a business not until one of our friend suggested that I baked and sell for charity. The charity sale was good and successful. During Wesak or food fair I will pack in small packing for sale and money collected will go to charity.

Almond Biscotti

I have 3 sisters and 3 brothers and when all the sibling started their family and they are very busy with their life, they just have no time to bake or rather do not like baking. They will just conveniently order the cookies from me during Chinese new year. The business also extended to close friend and business associates. One month before Chinese new year I will take orders from all the previous customers. I have a customer list and and record of the type of cookies they have ordered and also the quantity. Some of them even buy as hamper ( 4 in a red paper bag - auspicious color) for their friend and family during Chinese New Year.

London Almond
There are four types of cookies, mainly Almond Biscotti, London Almond, Chocolate Chips and Nastar (pineapple roll). All the ingredients are of top quality. The pineapple jam are home cooked. I uses pure butter, imported chocolate chips, California whole roasted almond and etc. I bought the cookies canisters directly from the manufacturer which uses good quality raw material (they do not use recycle material which is harmful). My mother-in-law will cooked 40 pineapples to make pineapple jam at one go for about 6 hours or more. One of our friend from Singapore has commented that she has tried so many types of pineapple tarts/rolls and nothing compare to ours. I guess it must be the home cooked jam and the pure butter that makes the difference.



Chocolate chips

Nastar

No comments: