Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bread and Buns


I attended one bread baking demonstration which cost me only RM100. Since then I have always bake my own bread. Once you know the basic you can bake most of the bread from most of the recipe books. I baked Pullman loaf (white bread loaf) and it is so good that you will not buy the normal bread loaf of the shelf. So I suggest you take some basic course on bread baking if you are interested in baking your own bread. The bread from Bread Making Machine taste different. Most of my friends find it troublesome because you have to prove them fews hours earlier. I normally prove the bread at 6pm and only get to bake the bread around 10pm and my family will always get to eat them straight from the oven. The bread is soft and hot and you can easily take more than one piece.

Once you know how to make sweet bun dough, you can make all kinds of bun with different fillings and shapes. Children always love sausage buns and whenever I bake this bun I make sure it is more than 12 pieces otherwise you will not have enough for tomorrow's breakfast. My sons have big appetite and can easily eat 6 - 8 pieces among them.

No comments: