Thursday, August 2, 2007

Carrot Cake

My children have mentioned that they have not eaten carrot cake for a long time. So it prompted me to bake for them despite busy making durian soufflé. Checked the recipe to make sure all the ingredients are available.

350g grated carrot
200g brown sugar
4 eggs
150g corn oil
50g raisins
100g toasted almond nips
4 slices of pineapple (canned) cut into small cubes
220g self-raising flour

I have always prefer to bake this cake in a square pan because it is easier to cut into square or rectangle pieces for serving. This cake must not be thick so that it bakes easily. Imagine when you bite them crispy on the outside and when you chew them you get to taste the raisin, pineapple, almond nips and lots of carrot. This cake has to be eaten fresh because it will get soggy easily because of the carrot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do u have a shop in kajang? how do you take orders for your cakes?

K.C. Wong said...

Hi Leona, Thanks for your enquiry,
I don't have a shop but I can be contacted at this no. 019-3339825. My email is ykkclow@hotmail